The Central Oxford Structural Molecular Imaging Centre (COSMIC) is a state-of-the-art cryo-electron microscopy facility in the South Parks Rd Science Area at Oxford University. COSMIC facilitates an exciting and diverse range of structural biology research at Oxford with cryo-EM and is also open to external research users as well as industry. COSMIC comprises of a fleet of high end instrumentation and computing for every stage of the cryo-EM workflow: • FEI Tecnai T12 TEM (in association with the Dunn School EM Facility) for screening samples using negative staining
• FEI Talos 200 kV cryo-TEM with STEM detector for screening cryo-grids and for cryo-tomography and cryo-STEM tomography
• FEI Arctica 200 kV cryo-TEM with FEI Falcon 3 direct electron detector for high throughput screening of cryo-grids and single particle analysis
• FEI Titan Krios 300 kV cryo-TEM with FEI Falcon 3 and Gatan Bioquantum direct electron detectors for high resolution single particle analysis, cryo-tomography and cryo-STEM tomography
• Two FEI Mark IV Vitrobots for preparing cryo-EM grids
• High performance computing for data storage and processing
• Dedicated staff to train and support users
If your search on our database results in an equipment or facilities collaboration we'd like to hear about it, all feedback on both successes and challenges will help us in enabling more partnerships. Click on the feedback tab.